I know I haven’t posted in a while (LIFE, huh?!), so it may come as a surprise to see Starfish walking and talking so much – he’s well and truly a toddler now! And despite all my initial concerns (and comparisons) about him walking later than others, he’s just as active and crazy as the rest now! In fact, I’m finding I need to find more ways to entertain him and get his energy out otherwise he gets bored really quickly.
The easiest way to keep him amused has been to take him out to a park and let him get active. As a 19-month-old, we decided it was time to get him something to use out and about, and I couldn’t have been more excited to try out the Globber Evo 5-in-1 Scooter.
The Globber Evo 5-in-1
The Globber Evo 5-in-1 is designed for children 12 months of age and up, making it perfect for Starfish for many years to come. The scooter has a range of amazing features, which includes:
- It is convertible – it starts as a sit down scooter that can be guided by an adult with a handlebar, then converts into a sit down balance bike controlled by your child, and finally into a conventional scooter for older children.
- The Evo has a steering lock system to make learning on the scooter safe and practical.
- The T-Bar handlebar is height adjustable to 3 positions to grow as your child does.
- The strengthened deck structure has an X-Cross deck design.
- The Evo comes with durable, dual-injection material handlebar grips for comfort, resistance and practicality.
- It comes with better braking performance as the rear brake is covered (and the back wheel is preserved).
- High-quality equipment that are self-assembled.
(For more information visit the Globber website here. RRP $160).
Using the Globber Evo 5-in-1
The first step before using the Evo was, of course, putting it together. This process was relatively easy although there was a part of the instructions that needed some self-interpretation. We set the Globber up to be used for Starfish as a seat with adult assistance as he is still new to using bikes and scooters – and of course, he is still his cautious self and likes to keep mum close!
We couldn’t wait to get the Globber Evo out on the driveway and push Starfish around on it – he was absolutely loving it! It took him a little time to learn that he could put his feet on the little plastic foot rest (rather than dragging his feet along the ground!).
I found it took a little getting used to in trying to steer the Globber Evo, as it does not steer by turning left or right, but rather by veering. Once we got the hang of this, however, Starfish and I were carving up the park footpaths!
The best thing about the Globber Evo 5-in-1 is that it will last him for many years to come, due to its convertible nature and high-quality equipment. This durability means it will also come in handy for any future children that join our tribe.
Are you wanting to get your hands on the Globber Evo 5-in-1 for your child’s birthday or Christmas (or other celebration?) Head over to the Globber website to find out where you can pick one up! (I know Kidstuff stores stock them!)