(This post is sponsored by ThermoHub).
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not the most world-renowned chef in the world. I’ll never be a famous food-blogger, and I can’t whip up a fabulous meal in under 5 minutes when last minute guests arrive. What I can do pretty well is follow recipes, and given time I can make certain meals my own. One of the Morrison specialities that we regularly cook in our household has been passed on from my Mother-In-Law, and we’ve been cooking it since we got married. What I love about this recipe is that – besides being delicious, it is an easy meal for our son to eat as it is mushy and soft. We call it “Mooncrust”, but it is basically a fancy version of nachos.
After seeing the amazing range of family-friendly recipes on ThermoHub (and reviewing the site HERE), I was asked if I’d like to contribute a recipe to their website. Firstly, I panicked (being the “non-cook” that I am!). But then I realised that our Mooncrust recipe was great and many people would enjoy it as much as us. So I’ve included the recipe below using a TM31 Thermomix. I’d love to hear what you think of the recipe, and if your family loves it as much as us!
500g Mince Meat
1 Medium Onion, quartered
1 Clove of Garlic (we use 1 teaspoon of finely crushed garlic from Masterfoods )
1 Packet of Continental Chicken Noodle Simmer Soup (Salt Reduced – 40g)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
400g Diced Tomatoes
2 tsp Chopped Parsley
2-3 handfuls of Corn Chips (Dorritos/CC’s) – depending on how much you’d like
1-2 cups of Cheese – depending on how much you’d like
1 tsp Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven at 170 degrees (fan-forced).
- Place onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop for 30 seconds at 100 degreeson Speed 4.
- Scrape down sides and chop for a further 30 seconds at 100 degrees on Speed 4. Occasionally scrape down sides as required.
- Add mince meat and oil, and sauté for 4 minutes at 100 degrees on Reverse + Speed Soft.
- Add packet of chicken noodle soup, diced tomatoes and parsley, and cook for 5 minutes at 100 degrees on Reverse + soft speed.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish or individual ramekins. Spread corn chips over the top (as much or little as you desire), and spread cheese over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes on 170 degrees (Fan-forced oven).
- Serve with a salad and enjoy!
Plus, don’t forget to grab your FREE New Mum Guide below – filled with expert tips and advice from expert sources on all things to do with baby (sleep, feeding, oral hygiene, play and development – plus some self-care tips for mum and a Colouring Page!) Don’t miss out!