Thank you for being patient with me writing this letter. I’m so glad I waited to write it, because your 7th month has been a BIG month for you, and you’ve grown 10 fold since my last letter to you. Every day with you gets better and better, and your daddy and I have been loving every moment we spend with you. You are the happiest, most vibrant (and cheekiest!!) little boy we’ve met, and we can’t help but feel happier every time we see your gorgeous little smile.
Your personality continues to grow with each passing day, and you are such a FOMO (fear of missing out). However, you’re also not in a rush to get anything done – you take your own time to do something; which can be hard for mummy who is very impatient, but you are teaching me to be patient in many different areas. You are also quite a chatterbox and love telling us lots of stories. I hope that never changes – that no matter how old you are you want to keep telling us about what is going on in your life.
– You are now (FINALLY) rolling all over the place; you’ve been rolling onto your tummy while you are sleeping in the cot, so now we have to double wrap you like a burrito at bed time;
– You’ve started backwards crawling, which is pretty cute and you vaguely look like you’re trying to do the worm;
– Your noises are growing and you are constantly babbling (I think you’ve said “mum” a few times but Daddy only recently let me have one!);
– Mummy went away for 2 days and Daddy looked after you – you had a fun boys weekend where you learnt and did so much more by the time I came home (which made me sad because I missed it!);
– Your range of solids is slowly growing – you’ve tried Peanut Butter (which was a-ok) and we’ve started you on some avocado and toast fingers (which you took a while to understand what to do with them!);
– We’ve started trying to engage you in lots of different activities – you recently went to your first “concert” (The Wiggles!) with mummy, and we did some sensory play with blue spaghetti, which you got EVERYWHERE (including the side of your face which was blue for a while!;
– You are ABSOLUTELY a water baby. You can’t get enough of the stuff – you’ve become more lively in the water, splashing your hands around happily, and playing with toys in the bath;
– You got in trouble for the first time this month – and you knew it too! You accidentally bit mummy while feeding (ouch!) and I had do say “No!” in my stern voice so you’d know not to do it again. You did it twice, and after the second stern ‘No’, you started crying. Mummy gave you lots of extra cuddles afterwards so you knew you were loved;
– Things that you LOVE: Water (swimming, baths and showers), daddy holding a deep breath and blowing raspberries on your tummy, mummy taking a deep breath and kissing your hand and down your arms, Steg (we all love Steg!), “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” and our own adapted version of “Rock a bye your bear” (from the Wiggles), and when you see daddy when he comes home from work.
I keep saying to daddy that I don’t want you to grow up now. You are just so happy, so delightful, and you make everyone’s days brighter. Your innocence and bubbly nature is infectious, and I don’t want that to change. On the other hand, I’ve absolutely LOVED seeing your developing personality, and I can’t wait to see that grow even more. If only we could have a combination of the two. Anyway, all I know is I want a world where you could stay my little boy forever. Where you still want cuddles and kisses and you’re still excited to see mummy and daddy when we pop around the corner to see you.
No matter what happens, you’ll always be my special little guy.
All my love, Always and Forever,