As a busy mum, I’m all for things that will make my life easier and simpler. This also includes fashion. While I’m not stylish by any stretch of the imagination, I do aim to look semi-presentable when I leave the house. Unfortunately, there are many times when I look anything but. However, I’ve found that there are some simple style tips I can use to help me feel dolled up, pretty and more confident in my day to day life. One of these has been my new Jamberry Nails.
What Are Jamberry Nails?
A few years back, I was into (fake) acrylic nails. I loved the french tip ones because they looked simple and chic. However I found it difficult to perform simple tasks like picking up bobby pins, or typing quietly on the keyboard (I sound like a monster truck reversing at the best of times), plus when they started to wear and tear, they could be quite annoying.
A friend of mine introduced me to Jamberry Nail Wraps, and I was impressed with how stylish and simple they were. The Jamberry Nail Wraps are like stickers for your nails, but with better adhesion (when heat is applied). You can choose your nail wraps from a wide variety of designs and colours to suit your personal style, and the wraps will fit any length of nail – in fact most wrap sets will give you a full manicure and pedicure!
How to Apply the Jamberry Nail Wraps
(I was given a set of Jamberry nail wraps and tools for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own).
I was initially skeptical of how to apply the Jamberry Nail Wraps. As my friend introduced them to me before, I could see how they could be a bit fiddly and difficult to get on (as I’m not usually great with dexterous tasks!), however when I was chatting with Nicky (the consultant who shared these raps with me), she gave me some great instructions and tips to help with my nails. As you can see in my video below, they are very easy to put on – all up it took me about 30 minutes to apply and that is as a complete newbie (don’t worry the video doesn’t go that long!).
Here are a few tips I picked up along the way with applying my Jamberry Nails:
- Heat: Make sure you apply enough heat to make the nail wraps stick well. Apply a bit of extra heat if using a hairdryer (I was using the lowest setting, so I heated the wrap for about 5 seconds before application, and around 15 seconds after).
- Pressure: Apply a lot of pressure, and follow the instructions of rubbing up the middle of the nail, and then out towards the sides of the nail to avoid bubbles (my biggest downfall!).
- Apply at Night: Listen to the advice to apply the Jamberry Nails at night before bed – I needed to do it during the day so I could get good lighting for the video, however they unfortunately didn’t last very long due to the daily tasks I had to complete. Overnight gives them enough time to adhere to the nail.
- Embrace the gap: This is the motto of the Jamberry Nails (or so my friend told me!). With the nail wraps, near enough IS good enough, as some of the wraps may not reach the edges of your nail. However, the gap is hardly distinct enough to be noticed by anyone besides yourself (if you’re picky like me!)
- Nourish Cream: The Nourish Cream is an additional cost and doesn’t come with the nail wraps. It was nice to help my hands feel smooth after application. The pack says it helps with the application process, however I didn’t notice a difference (although that may have been due to the time of day I applied them).
The End Result…
I embraced the gap, I had a gorgeous accent nail and I was happy with how well they adhered in the end. The more I did, the better I got at it. I learnt that a bit longer heat with my hairdryer (longer than the 3 seconds, more like 5) worked better, as did extra pressure, and longer heating after the nail wrap was applied.
I absolutely LOVE the gorgeous range of styles there is on offer for the Jamberry Nails (cherry blossoms, anyone?!) and as a busy mum, I am sold by the fact I can spend 30 minutes after Starfish has gone to bed applying these and wake up fresh and ready the next morning with them on. Once the nails are full adhered as well, they sit on your regular nails as though you have nothing on them (just your plain ol’ nails!). This means you don’t have to worry about the big, clunky acrylic nails getting in the way of your day-to-day life – the Jamberry Nails can go in water, around chemicals, or any other jobs you’re usually doing!
If you’re a busy mum and you’d like a bit of extra bling for your nails, be sure to check out Jamberry Nails! For more information or to make a purchase, visit the website HERE, Nicky’s Facebook Page here or Her Instagram Here. Nicky also has a VIP group you can be a part of for tips and special offers!