Over the past month, I’ve FINALLY been able to start taking Starfish out and about to some infant-specific places as he’s become more aware of his surroundings and can crawl and engage a bit more. But I’ve found it really hard to find places he can enjoy at such a young age, especially since he isn’t walking yet. So I’ve compiled a list, with the help of my lovely followers, of places I’d like to take Starfish (as much as is possible) – his (temporary) Bucket List, as it were – and I’ll tick them off as we’re able to go and visit the different places! I’ve tried to include information such as the ages the places will suit (as I’m able) and will update the list often when I can. I’ve included links to other bloggers who have tried and tested infant friendly things to see and do, so you can see their reviews of these places as well!
Infant Friendly Things to See and Do
Okay, I may have snuck in a couple of things for primary-aged children because they look really cool, so if you have older children or friends with older kids, make sure you share this with them too!
Across Australia in September
New South Wales
- Symbio Wildlife Park, Helensburgh – Ages 0+ ($$)
- The Early Start Discovery Space, University Of Wollongong – Ages 0+ (but more beneficial if they’re crawling/pulling themselves up, walking) ($$)
- Nubo Play Centre, Alexandria – Ages 0-10 years old ($$)
- Artplay, Museum of Contemporary Art – An arty playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers
- Ready, Set, Play, Albion Park
- Zoom, Wollongong
- Tabatinga, Ingleburn
- Cafe + Playground, Helensburgh Tradies
- Monkey Mania, Top Ryde
- Live Streamers, Ryde, Wollongong, Albion Park
- Museum of Fire, Penrith
- Green Beans, Corrimal
- Skyzone, Miranda
- Madagascar, Caringbah
- Royal Easter Show, Sydney Olympic Park – Annually around Easter (School Holidays), great for Toddlers and up ($$)
- Ideas for Bathurst – Fun things to see and do with kids in Bathurst
- Another 10 Things to do Around Bathurst – If you’re planning a trip to Bathurst, you’re seriously set!
- Jervis Bay – A list of toddler friendly things to see and do
- Fruit Picking Near Sydney – A fun pastime you can enjoy with kids of all ages!
- Free Kids Activities around Sydney – Check out these FREE options for kids from 0 years and up
- Farm Stays Near Sydney – Keen to get your kids (any age) in the great outdoors and go rural? Check out this list of farm stays near Sydney!
- New Leaf Nursery, Sydney – A hidden treasure in Sydney for kids of all ages!
- Kid-Friendly Sydney Venues – More things to see and do with kids in Sydney.
Australian Capital Territory
- Child-Friendly Options for Canberra – A round up post of some excellent things to see and do in Canberra with children of any age
- 20 Things to Do In Canberra – An extra guide of things you can get up to in Canberra, including prices and links.
- Melbourne’s Best Playgrounds – A list of playgrounds suitable for various ages
- Play Pod at the State Library of Victoria, Melbourne – Free entertainment for Under 8 year olds
- Free Babychinos, Melbourne – A great list of cafes you can go to where your little one can get a FREE Babychino!
- Places for Kids to Eat and Play Free, Melbourne – A great list of places where your kids can eat and play for FREE
- Gold Coast Indoor Play Centres – A list of indoor play centres on the Gold Coast suitable for a variety of age groups
- Velocity Trampoline Park – They advertise from 3 years, but best for children over 6 years of age
- Chipmunks Playland and Cafe, Brisbane – Ages 0 – 11 years old
- Flipside Circus, Alderley – For Primary Aged Children
- Crank Indoor Rock Climbing, Brisbane – For Primary Aged Children
- Sunshine Coast Indoor Play Centres – A list of indoor play centres on the Sunshine Coast suitable for a variety of age groups
- Eat and Play options in Brisbane – Includes playgrounds, markets, and cafes suitable for ages 0+
- The Best Toddler-Friendly Theme Park, Gold Coast – Check out what has been named the best theme park for Toddlers on the Gold Coast
- Indoor Entertainment Venues, Brisbane – A great round-up of venues for kids of all ages, especially preschoolers and primary-aged children
- Family Membership Options, Brisbane – If you’re looking for great places to continue taking your children, check out these great value family membership options
- Free Things to See and Do with Toddlers, Brisbane – Because FREE is the best way to do things!
- Atherton Tablelands, Cairns – Wondering how to do this with a baby and toddler? Check out the trip here!
- Longreach – Another great review of a trip to Longreach with Toddlers
- Child-Friendly Places in Adelaide – A list of playgrounds, cafes and indoor centres to visit in Adelaide, suitable for Ages 0+
- Kid & Hub – A special indoor play space for children ages 0+
- Barossa Valley, Adelaide – Take your kids to see these wonderful things in the Barossa Valley
- Adelaide City Guide – Check out this list of interesting things for children in Adelaide
- The Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide – Check out what toddlers can enjoy at the Art Gallery of South Australia
- Everything for Kids in Adelaide – A great resource for parents of kids in Adelaide. Lots to see and do!
- Family Friendly Activities in the Margaret River – Away from the wineries (sorry mums), but still lots of amazing things to see and do!
- Things to do in Perth with the Kids – A range of family-friendly things to see and do.
- 15 Things to do with Kids in Darwin – A great list of things to see and do with kids of all ages in Darwin
- 10 Places to See and Do with Kids – If you’re visiting Tasmania and want some places to visit with the kids, check out this great list!
Do you have more to add to this list for us? Leave a comment below with the name and state of the venue and I’ll add it on! 🙂