I started blogging less than 3 months ago as a way of documenting my life with my son. What a great journey it has been so far! I’ve met the most amazing new mums, worked with awesome businesses and has lots of writing opportunities. But this year, I think Mumma Morrison can be so much more. I’m sharing my blog goals for the year so that hopefully you all can keep my accountable in keeping them and hustling (hard) towards achieving them!
My 9 blog goals for 2017:
Getting more followers:
- Get to 1000 subscribers on my email list – so I can share great tips and tricks with my followers, and really build a community of new and prospective mums to help each other out.
- Build up my Facebook page to 3k followers – the same reason as above.
- Get 5k Instagram followers – same as above.
- Get 3k Pinterest followers – to build up the traffic that comes to my blog and build up the community (see below).
- Build up a community of new and prospective mums (name pending; platform pending (Facebook group).
Improvements on the blog:
- Possibly start a podcast – I’ve gotten some amazing feedback from my #RealMums blog series, and I thought it might be awesome to start a podcast (they sound like they’re really popular!). A great way to interview amazing, real mums and share their stories with the Mumma Morrison community.
- Create a free resource library for subscribers – I want to create resources to help mums in their day-to-day lives, so I’ll be getting started on this shortly!
- Find some lovely sponsors to work with me at Mumma Morrison – so I can share the love and passion I have further and put into action these grand plans I have (if you’re interested in joining my passionate little blog, please go HERE to find out more info!).
- Find some regular guest bloggers (monthly) to join the Mumma Morrison team (particularly a food blogger – is this you? Please go HERE to find out more about ways we can work together!)
Further beyond the Blog:
- Do some paid writing/guest blogs – I love, love, LOVE writing! It is a great expressive outlet for me, and I would love the opportunity to do more of it. I’d love to do more guest blog posts, particularly those that could be paid posts. My ultimate dream would be to work mostly from home so I could spend more time with Starfish.
- Create an eBook for new and prospective mums – only a brief idea for now, but I want to create an easily accessible and affordable book to help new and prospective mums prepare for the crazy and wonderful roller coaster of motherhood.
So my first step towards building a COMMUNITY of new and prospective mums, is to encourage you to share YOUR life goals for this year. Comment below – what are your life goals for 2017? How can we encourage and support you to meet them?